Monday, January 23, 2012

Well ,

Well here we are one week later , Smitty has been here from Hospital . She seems to  be doing well she has a doctors appointment @3pm . I hav made arrangements with the EMS for transport and hopefully it wont be raining when we go . I believe all will go well that is the only way to think about these things . Before when she was in Kindred you wouldn't of thought that she would last this long but with someone regulating her medications and a good diet with a lot of fruits and vegi's. She has good color , good BP ranging from 1teens up into the 120s  , O2 intake has been up in the high 90s since she has been here . Don't you just hate that when people say they know a patient when they have no clue .? I have searched her body and I couldn't find an expiration date on her any where ..'' Does any one else find that a bit stupid? I mean we all are mortal creatures but why take her life away while she is still alive? That is what wrong , to many people give up because of what a Doctor might say. They are not Gods .  And know I am having an issues with the ordering of  a therapeutic trapezes for working on her upper body strength .They "the Dr's" that is keep pushing for a Hoyer Lift . I am arguing that she needs to build up her upper body strength and than she would be able to get in and out of her seen to arrive wheel chair , and they tell  me that  ''That is what the Hoyer is for so she doesn't need the trapeze ." The Nurses that have been here are really amazed by how on top of things I am by having her meals planned out a month a ahead  and I have her calorie intake all worked out . I am watching her meds closer that they did at the Hospital . She's not all doped up on pain meds. She is comfortable . But any way they ask me have you ever thought about being licensed ? I have to laugh . And I say ''Nope, not for this .''

No comments:

Post a Comment