Wednesday, March 18, 2015

She will be heard .

To whom it may concern ,
       
             I have had enough . I am tried of students in school not being heard . Someone has to stop it . Stop the faculty from thinking that they are so sort of Gods . That a student is just a filler in a set , that has no voice to be heard . And no choice but to sit and take it . Perfectly great kids being knocked down by words and actions that come from their teachers that have no clue what is going through the mind of that student . And by this I am not saying all teachers are like this , but  rather here in Randolph county N.C.  it is that way . I don't know how many times I have had to go to South West High School to deal with a inconsiderate teacher for behaving badly  . They have idea  at any time what is going on in a student's mind nor do they seem to care , but when it comes to my student, my child . I will not let them get away  with the remarks the say or the actions the do . My child has be ridiculed and made to to think she has no worth . They accuse her of lying and skipping . They have made comments like''ONLY CUTTERS WEAR T-SHIRTS LIKE THAT or '' Im saying you're lying but''. But nothing ! Who knows how many students drop out of school or even worse commit suicide due to the way that the grown ups treat them in these schools . Words hurt worse  when they come from someone you looked up too . I would much rather be beaten then to have someone call me a liar and I am grown woman .
 And I have  beaten when I was a student in high school  maybe not by a teacher but by someone I looked up to for a time . I know a broken bone will mend ,  I know a bruise will fade , but  I also know that words have the ability to stay with you for a lifetime . Those words still will haunt me to this day . Sure I am grown now but at times , Times like this those words have a way finding me and I hurt all over again . 

No comments:

Post a Comment